Can penis disorders be prevented?

There are some ways you may be able to prevent penis disorders, or at least reduce your risk for many of the conditions. The best way to prevent many penis disorders is by taking care of your overall health, including exercising regularly, maintaining good hygiene, and avoiding or limiting alcohol and tobacco. Since some penis disorders are caused by sexually transmitted diseases, it's a good idea to use a condom every time you have sex and limit your number of sex partners. If you have any underlying health problems, such as diabetes or heart disease, it's important to get treatment and to see your doctor regularly to keep those and any other issues under control. Because stress may affect certain penis disorders, it's also important to care for your psychological health by reducing stress and seeing a counselor for depression or relationship problems.

Continue Learning about Penis Disorders

Are penis disorders contagious?
Most penis disorders aren't contagious, but some that are caused by infections or sexually transmitt...
Can I get my partner pregnant if I have a penis disorder?
The ability to get a woman pregnant depends on what specific penis disorder you have. In some cases,...
Can penis disorders cause permanent damage?
Some penis disorders are only temporary and can be easily treated, but others may cause more permane...
How can penis disorders affect my sex life?
Penis disorders may have an impact on your sex life, especially if the condition is left untreated. ...