Are penis disorders serious?

Penis disorders may be serious, depending the specific disorder. In most cases penis disorders are pretty treatable, especially if they're diagnosed early. If left untreated, though, some penis disorders may become more serious. They may affect a man's fertility and sexual function. In rare cases, penis disorders may lead to serious health issues - for example, if paraphimosis completely cuts off blood flow to the penis, gangrene may occur and it may be necessary to amputate the penis. Penile cancer may also lead to serious health problems if left untreated, and amputation of the penis is the most common treatment. However, these serious physical effects are rare for most penis disorders - psychological distress and more minor physical symptoms are much more common.

Continue Learning about Penis Disorders

What are penis disorders?
There are many different disorders that may affect the penis. Depending on the specific problem, pen...
Should I talk to my doctor about my penis disorders symptoms?
If you have any symptoms that you think may be caused by a penis disorder, you should talk to your d...
Can I get my partner pregnant if I have a penis disorder?
The ability to get a woman pregnant depends on what specific penis disorder you have. In some cases,...
How can penis disorders affect my sex life?
Penis disorders may have an impact on your sex life, especially if the condition is left untreated. ...