What is the rate of incidence for penile cancer?

In the United States, about 1 in 100,000 men will develop penile cancer (that's about 1% of all cancers in US men), making it one of the rarest cancers in the country. US cases of penile cancer related to human papilloma virus (HPV) occur at the rate of 800 per year. In 2009, it was estimated that 300 men would die from penile cancer in the US. HPV-related penile cancer is more frequent in Hispanic men than other racial and ethnic groups.

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...
Is penile cancer serious?
Penile cancer is a serious disease requiring professional treatment. If you report unusual skin cond...
How long does penile cancer last?
Penile cancer lasts until treatment removes it from your body. Small or early stage cancers may be r...
Should I be worried about penile cancer?
Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk facto...