What is penile cancer?

Penile cancer is a type of cancer developing in the penis. If you have been diagnosed with penile cancer, it is most likely a "squamous cell carcinoma" -- a type of skin cancer. Penile cancer should not be confused with testicular or prostate cancer, which also affect but do not start in the penis.

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...
How long does penile cancer last?
Penile cancer lasts until treatment removes it from your body. Small or early stage cancers may be r...
Should I be worried about penile cancer?
Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk facto...
What is the rate of incidence for penile cancer?
In the United States, about 1 in 100,000 men will develop penile cancer (that's about 1% of all canc...