Should I be worried about penile cancer?

Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk factors and methods of prevention, however, is a smart move to take control of your health. If you are a man in certain risk groups -- infected with human papilloma virus (HPV), over 55 years old, or uncircumcised -- you should talk to your doctor about your risk of getting penile cancer. A few simple lifestyle changes, such as quitting smoking and practicing good genital hygiene, can reduce your risk of penile cancer.

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

How long does penile cancer last?
Penile cancer lasts until treatment removes it from your body. Small or early stage cancers may be r...
What is the rate of incidence for penile cancer?
In the United States, about 1 in 100,000 men will develop penile cancer (that's about 1% of all canc...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...
What is penile cancer?
Penile cancer is a type of cancer developing in the penis. If you have been diagnosed with penile ca...