Is penile cancer contagious?

Penile cancer is not contagious under normal conditions. However, you will want to limit direct contact by others with the affected area. In addition, human papilloma virus (HPV), which is a disease caught during sex with an infect partner, increases your risk for penile cancer.

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...
What is penile cancer?
Penile cancer is a type of cancer developing in the penis. If you have been diagnosed with penile ca...
Should I be worried about penile cancer?
Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk facto...
What is the rate of incidence for penile cancer?
In the United States, about 1 in 100,000 men will develop penile cancer (that's about 1% of all canc...