How do I manage my penile cancer on a daily basis?

Since penile cancer in early stages is often cured by removal of affected tissue, there is a good chance that once your treatment schedule has run its course, no further management (beyond prevention measures such as genital hygiene and avoiding unprotected exposure to the sun) will be necessary. If your penile cancer recurs or has spread to the rest of the genitalia or to other parts of the body, however, you may undergo repeated treatments to simply reduce symptoms and maintain quality of life, rather than to cure the disease. Cancers that have claimed large areas of the penis may require removal of those areas, necessitating rebuilding of the penis. A rehabilitation program will likely be part of your daily management at this point.

Continue Learning about Penile Cancer

Should I be worried about penile cancer?
Worrying about a disease that you have not yet caught is never a good idea. Understanding risk facto...
How long does penile cancer last?
Penile cancer lasts until treatment removes it from your body. Small or early stage cancers may be r...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with penile cancer?
The most important role in caring for someone with penile cancer is to support them in their daily l...
What is penile cancer?
Penile cancer is a type of cancer developing in the penis. If you have been diagnosed with penile ca...