Why do I have to shake liquid amoxicillin plus clavulanic acid?

Any time you have a prescription medication that is a combination of two or more medicines, be sure to shake the liquid prescription before using it. By shaking it before each use, you will mix the medicine evenly and make sure you take the proper combination of medicines each time. If you have any questions or concerns about the proper way to take any prescription medication, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.

Continue Learning about Penicillins

What is Bicillin C-R?
Bicillin C-R is the brand name of the antibiotic combination of penicillin G benzathine plus pen...
What should I know about Bicillin C-R before taking it?
You should know that Bicillin C-R is administered as a deep intramuscular injection. You should ...
What should I know about Bicillin C-R Tubex before taking it?
Bicillin C-R Tubex is the drug product packaged in a specific patented syringe called a Tubex sy...
What are the side effects of Bicillin C-R?
Common side effects of Bicillin C-R include: headaches; dizziness; nausea; vomiting; mild skin r...