Ampicillin is an antibiotic and is used to treat serious infections, including pneumonia and meningitis. It can also be used to treat heart valve infections or blood infections. Sometimes ampicillin is prescribed for gastrointestinal or urinary tract infections. Your doctor or health care provider can determine treatment solutions depending on the severity of the infection.
- Q If I have diabetes, is it ok to take ampicillin?
- Q Can I take ampicillin if I have allergies?
- Q How often should I take ampicillin?
- Q Can there be serious side effects from taking ampicillin?
- Q What should the intravenous solution of ampicillin look like?
- Q Are there side effects from taking ampicillin?