Ampicillin is an antibiotic and is used to treat serious infections, including pneumonia and meningitis. It can also be used to treat heart valve infections or blood infections. Sometimes ampicillin is prescribed for gastrointestinal or urinary tract infections. Your doctor or health care provider can determine treatment solutions depending on the severity of the infection.
- Q What should the intravenous solution of ampicillin look like?
- Q If I have diabetes, is it ok to take ampicillin?
- Q Are there side effects from taking ampicillin?
- Q Can I take ampicillin if I have allergies?
- Q What should I discuss with my doctor before taking ampicillin?
- Q How is ampicillin taken?