Depending on how serious your infection is, your doctor will determine your dosage of ampicillin. You may have ampicillin injected through a large muscle or take the medication through an intravenous solution. The intravenous solution may be given four to six times a day, for about 30 minutes. The oral capsule or liquid is often given four times a day as well.
- Q What problems can occur with an intravenous solution of ampicillin?
- Q If I have diabetes, is it ok to take ampicillin?
- Q What should I discuss with my doctor before taking ampicillin?
- Q Can there be serious side effects from taking ampicillin?
- Q How is ampicillin taken?
- Q What should the intravenous solution of ampicillin look like?