How can I pay for dentist visits?

It is important to talk about treatment costs with your dental practice before the procedure. Many practices offer payment plans and can help you use your dental benefits plan effectively. Most dentists accept credit cards, or can direct you to an outside health care financing company to help you pay for your treatment. In the end, however, the patient is fully responsible for payment and the correct use of dental benefit plans. Ask your benefits provider whether cosmetic treatments are covered.

If finances are a problem, you may wish to talk to your dentist about payment options and performing treatment in stages. Also, there may be healthcare credit card options available for extended payment.

If finances are just not available, you may wish to consider low cost or no cost clinic options discussed in some of my other answers. These include:

• dental schools
  • non-profit healthcare facilities
  • government clinics
  • dental society programs

Continue Learning about Paying For Health Care When You're Uninsured

Where can a person get help if they have no health insurance?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Depending on the age of the patient, there may be alternatives to a fully-insured health insurance p...
How can I have mastoiditis surgery if I do not have insurance?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Uninsured patients may certainly undergo any functional surgery if medically necessary at the county...
Is there a way to get dentures with no dental insurance?
The short answer to the question of dentures with no dental insurance is: maybe. The longer answer i...
How should I manage my healthcare if I don't have insurance?
Annette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RNAnnette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RN
Taking care of yourself is crucial. Exercise and proper nutrition will assist in achieving your best...