Even if you're one of 50 million Americans without health insurance, it's important to have a doctor. There are also free clinics and community health plans. If you don't have enough money to afford a doctor, you may qualify for Medicaid. But … I don't want to let people off the hook either. Half the people in America who don't have health insurance have some money. They just make the economic decision to not buy it because it's so expensive.
It's important not to sacrifice your health to save money. You can get access to a physician. Go to their office. Talk to them. They'll work something out with you. We're trained to heal. Give us a chance.
- Q How does HIPAA ensure the security of EHRs held by healthcare providers?
- Q What are the different ways to pay for long term care?
- Q What do I do if my health insurance claim for cancer treatment is denied?
- Q Where can a person get help if they have no health insurance?
- Q How can I get health insurance benefits if I am unemployed?
- Q What short-term needs should I consider when reviewing my life insurance?