Even if you're one of 50 million Americans without health insurance, it's important to have a doctor. There are also free clinics and community health plans. If you don't have enough money to afford a doctor, you may qualify for Medicaid. But … I don't want to let people off the hook either. Half the people in America who don't have health insurance have some money. They just make the economic decision to not buy it because it's so expensive.
It's important not to sacrifice your health to save money. You can get access to a physician. Go to their office. Talk to them. They'll work something out with you. We're trained to heal. Give us a chance.
- Q How are my personal health records (PHRs) protected by HIPAA?
- Q How do I know if a loved one needs long-term care insurance?
- Q What is a HIPAA notice?
- Q How can I have mastoiditis surgery if I do not have insurance?
- Q Does insurance cover hospice care?
- Q How can I pay for dentist visits?