Even if you're one of 50 million Americans without health insurance, it's important to have a doctor. There are also free clinics and community health plans. If you don't have enough money to afford a doctor, you may qualify for Medicaid. But … I don't want to let people off the hook either. Half the people in America who don't have health insurance have some money. They just make the economic decision to not buy it because it's so expensive.
It's important not to sacrifice your health to save money. You can get access to a physician. Go to their office. Talk to them. They'll work something out with you. We're trained to heal. Give us a chance.
- Q How do I check that my insurance covers breast cancer surgery expenses?
- Q How can I have mastoiditis surgery if I do not have insurance?
- Q Who pays for my travel expenses if I am a living organ donor?
- Q How does HIPAA ensure the security of EHRs held by healthcare providers?
- Q Where can a person get help if they have no health insurance?
- Q How do I know if a loved one needs long-term care insurance?