Even if you're one of 50 million Americans without health insurance, it's important to have a doctor. There are also free clinics and community health plans. If you don't have enough money to afford a doctor, you may qualify for Medicaid. But … I don't want to let people off the hook either. Half the people in America who don't have health insurance have some money. They just make the economic decision to not buy it because it's so expensive.
It's important not to sacrifice your health to save money. You can get access to a physician. Go to their office. Talk to them. They'll work something out with you. We're trained to heal. Give us a chance.
- Q How do I check that my insurance covers breast cancer surgery expenses?
- Q How can I find a surgeon who participates in my insurance?
- Q What should an insurance checklist for retirement or death include?
- Q Does insurance cover hospice care?
- Q How does HIPAA ensure the security of EHRs held by healthcare providers?
- Q How are my personal health records (PHRs) protected by HIPAA?