How can I have a doctor if I don't have insurance?

Even if you're one of 50 million Americans without health insurance, it's important to have a doctor. There are also free clinics and community health plans. If you don't have enough money to afford a doctor, you may qualify for Medicaid. But … I don't want to let people off the hook either. Half the people in America who don't have health insurance have some money. They just make the economic decision to not buy it because it's so expensive.

It's important not to sacrifice your health to save money. You can get access to a physician. Go to their office. Talk to them. They'll work something out with you. We're trained to heal. Give us a chance.

Continue Learning about Paying For Health Care When You're Uninsured

Where can a person get help if they have no health insurance?
Betty Long, RN, MHABetty Long, RN, MHA
Depending on the age of the patient, there may be alternatives to a fully-insured health insurance p...
What if I need cancer treatment but I don't have health insurance?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
A cancer diagnosis can cause financial concerns. If you don’t have health insurance, the following w...
How should I manage my healthcare if I don't have insurance?
Annette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RNAnnette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RN
Taking care of yourself is crucial. Exercise and proper nutrition will assist in achieving your best...
Are there resources for limited income patients with no coverage?
Dr. Vincent T DeVita JrDr. Vincent T DeVita Jr
The Together Rx Access Card was created to help people who do not have prescription drug coverage. Y...