When should I give my child fever-reducing medicine?

While it might be your immediate impulse to try to bring down the fever, the truth is that you don't need to rush to the medicine cabinet if (1) the fever is not bothering the child; (2) she has no history of febrile seizures, mitochondrial disorder, or other chronic metabolic disease; and (3) she shows no other symptoms.
YOU: Raising Your Child: The Owner's Manual from First Breath to First Grade

There’s little doubt that parenting can be one of the most rewarding and satisfying experiences you’ll ever have. But it can be plenty tough, too: Around the clock, you’re working to keep your...

Continue Learning about Patient Education

News: FDA Warns Online Drug Buyers About Fake Letter Scam
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers about fraudulent letters sent to people who have purchased medicines online or over t...
How can I get the most benefit from my statin medication?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
You can do several things to make sure your particular statin is working as well as it can.Take lova...
What types of food should I avoid when taking antidepressants?
Many aged cheeses such as parmesan, romano, asiago, brie and cheddar contain tyramine, a normally ha...
Why Silence Is Bad for Your Health
Why Silence Is Bad for Your Health