What are the muscles of the inner calf?

The muscles that compose the inside of the lower leg are tibialis posterior, flexor hallicus longus, and flexor digitorum longus. Tibialis posterior moves the foot inward. Flexor hallicus longus flexes the big toe and flexor digitorum longus flexes the toes. (This answer provided for NATA by the Eastern University Athletic Training Education Program)

Continue Learning about Parts of the Muscular System

What is the posterior deltoid muscle?
Dr. Mike Clark, DPTDr. Mike Clark, DPT
Located on the rear part of the shoulder, the posterior deltoid muscle runs from the insertion o...
What muscles make up the calf?
National Athletic Trainers' AssociationNational Athletic Trainers' Association
The gastrocnemius is the primary muscle of the calf. The soleus muscle lies deep to to gastrocne...
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?
How Can I Treat a Muscle Strain?
Is Strength Training Safe for Kids?
Is Strength Training Safe for Kids?