How can forced exercise help in Parkinson's disease therapy?

Studies have shown that when Parkinson’s disease patients performed forced exercise regimens it helps stimulate what is known as the supplementary   motor area or SMA which assists in performing motor or movement functions. Studies show that performing forced exercise therapy may be as effective as drugs for improving motor function in patients.

Continue Learning about Parkinson's Disease Treatment

What is deep brain stimulation (DBS)?
Dr. Arif I. Dalvi, MDDr. Arif I. Dalvi, MD
Deep brain stimulation (DBS) involves implanting an electrode in the brain to deliver continuous...
How is deep brain stimulation (DBS) used to treat Parkinson's disease?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
In some people, medications do not adequately control the disabling symptoms of Parkinson's disease....
What Is the Integrative Side of Treating Parkinson's Disease?
Do You Think Lack of Funding for Stem Cell Research Will Change?