Why should I monitor what my children do on the computer?

Some of the reasons why you want to know what your children are doing when they're on the computer would include accessing things like pornography or inappropriate websites, cyber bullying -- which is a huge issue for school-age kids. So the bullying is just like you remember when you were a kid. There would be a kid who's maybe a little more awkward or not socially appropriate, and other kids might pick on him, but they do it on Facebook -- "You're an idiot, you're stupid, nobody likes you" -- and then get everyone to come and post on your wall.

There have actually been children who have committed suicide because of what's been done to them on the Internet by their peers. Predators can access children's information, you know -- a chat room where they're talking to someone who they think is another 8-year-old, and it's really a 50-year-old pedophile. So it's important to know what your children are doing on the Internet.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Learning Games for Toddlers and Babies
Learning Games for Toddlers and Babies
Without a doubt, there will be plenty of time to have your child take all kinds of tests: math tests, spelling tests, driving tests. But just for fun,...
How can I teach my child to budget and manage money?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are some tips to help you teach your child how to budget and manage money: Establish a set ...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Bethenny Frankel Talks About the Importance of Finding Balance