Why is it important to have a sleep schedule for my child?

Nicole H. Gorton, MD
Pediatrics
Regular sleep times help set childrens' biological clocks. This means waking them at a consistent and appropriate time to keep them on a regular sleep schedule. Letting children sleep in can throw off their schedule. Do your best to put your child on a sleep schedule -- especially older children.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Pediatric Emergencies: 6 Commandments of ER Care
1. Stay Calm. If you freak out, so will your child. 2. If your child is unresponsive, call 9-1-1 and do the "ABC" check: Check the Airway to make ...
How can role playing help my child develop empathy?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Michael was a student of mine who had difficulty understanding anyone else’s feelings but his ow...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Mo’Nique Gives Heartfelt Advice to the Audience