Why should I encourage my child to talk about his dreams?

In many traditions, communities come together and share their dreams with each other. If you start a game of sharing dreams with your child and family, you can gain a clearer vision of the inner world of your child. Although sometimes dreams seem meaningless or silly, when you begin to share dreams, you give yourself the opportunity to learn valuable insights about each other that you might not have found otherwise.

Sometimes dreams can have the deep impact of revealing to parents the very unique character of their own child. Oftentimes, children have interests, needs, and destinies that are far from their own parents'. Sharing dreams can provide a window into these differences. Realizing your child differs from you may be hard at first. But try to honor these differences in the service of meeting his needs and allowing him to succeed.
The Gift of ADHD Activity Book: 101 Ways to Turn Your Child's Problems into Strengths (Companion)

So much depends on how you look at things: Are you a glass-half-empty person, or do you discover advantages where other people find only weaknesses? When it comes to raising healthy, happy kids,...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Top 5 Reasons Breakfast Is a Must for Kids
How many times have you heard "breakfast is the most important meal of the day"? Here's why, in terms of small fry. Kids who eat breakfast: Do bett...
How can I help my gifted child fit in with other kids?
All children need validation and acceptance, and sometimes a gifted child may feel different from ot...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What Is the Importance of Social Media in Healthcare Today?