Why should I avoid using my cell phone when I am with my child?

Michele Borba
Kids say that family meals, school activities, sporting events and after school (pick up and welcoming connectors) are times when they are most bothered by their parents' networking behaviors. Turn off your cell phone during those times! Model the behavior you want your kids to copy. Set the example that your kids are more important than that call coming in.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

4 Tips from the Pediatric ER
4 Tips from the Pediatric ER
Want insights from an emergency room (ER) insider? Listen to someone who's spent more than 10 years handling emergencies in several types of ERs: my o...
How can I make grocery shopping fun for my children?
To make a trip to the supermarket a pleasant experience for everyone, try a couple of different stra...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What Al Roker and Deborah Roberts Have Learned From Their Marriage