When should I start teaching my child about money management?

Michele Borba
The truth is we can begin to teach our children money management skills as early as three and four years of age, and those lessons don't have to be difficult. In fact, the best way for kids to learn them is by taking advantage of those simple everyday real life moments like watching us at the ATM machine, paying our bills, balancing our checkbook, deciding our money budget, talking through our spending decisions or back to school shopping. Those lessons will take a bit more patience and persistence, but learning positive spending habits, financial wisdom, and good money management skills are crucial for life.

Continue Learning about Parenting

How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
No question that tantrums (especially the public ones) can be some of the most frustrating times we have as parents and grandparents. The easiest thin...
What can I do if my newborn baby is making me angry?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
If you ever feel that you are becoming aggravated or angry with your newborn baby, ask for help from...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
What Is the Importance of Spending Time With Myself?