What is the “Screen Free Week” campaign?

For the year 2014, May 5-11 has been designated as “Screen Free Week.”  During this week, the Campaign for Commercial-Free Childhood encourages parents to actually keep ALL screens off (television, videogames, smart phones and tablets) off for the entire week. 

Continue Learning about Parenting

Substitute Family Activities for Computer Time
If the tweens and teens in your life are complaining about back pains and headaches, check their screen time -- how many hours a day they spend starin...
How can I grow as a person if I am a mother?
Mia RedrickMia Redrick
Hare five simple ways moms can help themselves to personally grow:1. Take yourself on a date. A mom’...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Putting Baby Food to the Test
Putting Baby Food to the Test