What is positive discipline?

An important part of discipline is focusing on the positive things your child does. Try to catch yourself congratulating your child and addressing when your child does good things instead of just focusing on when they do bad things. Very often children act out to get their parents attention. So if you can turn your focus on the positive rather than the negative, over time your child will learn to seek your positive attention instead of your negative attention.

Continue Learning about Parenting

How to Find the Best Pediatric ER Near You
First off, ask your pediatrician, of course. But do some detective work, too. Start by calling or stopping by the hospital to speak with the director ...
How can I help my child deal with pain at the doctor's office?
Young kids will be helped by a simple explanation of what is going to happen and maybe even a drawin...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Heidi Shares Her Meal-Planning Tricks
Heidi Shares Her Meal-Planning Tricks