What should I do if my child behaves badly due to his friend's influence?

If a child starts mimicking an acquaintance’s offensive behavior, parents should explain their concerns to their child and steer him or her away from that person before the friendship is formed. Children who have problems making and keeping friends may benefit from attending friendship classes with a parent. This will help them learn social skills and set personal goals for making friends.

Continue Learning about Parenting

6 Fast, Healthy Recipes for Frazzled Parents
"Knowing kids -- and parents -- need to eat healthy food is one thing. Getting them to do it is another. For starters, kids of all ages tend to hate a...
What can I do to reduce back-to-school parenting hassles?
Heather Wittenberg, PhDHeather Wittenberg, PhD
Getting back into the school year is a major adjustment for kids -- and parents. Preparation is the ...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Signs Your Toddler is Ready to Start Potty Training