What can I do if my daughter wants to stop sports because of puberty?

If your daughter wants to stop sports, be sure to listen to what she is telling you. Ask if she still enjoys the sports, or if she would be interested in other sports. When she tells you the concerns/reasons, you may be able to provide some answers. 

Remember, you do not want to force her to continue something she does not like. See if she will participate in some other activity to replace the one she wants to stop. 

Continue Learning about Parenting

Childhood Obesity Prevention: Keep Tabs on Kids' Weight
Childhood obesity is rising faster than the national debt. About 1 in 5 school-age kids are obese—1 in 3 in some cities. You might think that even if ...
How can I set limits on my child's use of technology?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
On average, children 8 to 18 spend more than 7½ hours per day using entertainment media, often more ...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Is Social Media the Solution to Improve Healthcare?