What should adults do about a child who shows signs of a school shooter?

Michele Borba
Educator lesson: Talk as a staff about students who may be displaying signs of a school shooter. Hold those "courageous conversations" in which you discuss kids who you know may be hurting or whose behavior concerns you. Report your concerns to the counseling staff and to the child's parents.

Parent lesson: Tune in to your child closer. Are you noticing a change in his behavior that lasts too long, has become too intense, is spilling over into too many other areas of his life and just is too different from his typical self? If so, seek professional help now.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

4 Tips from the Pediatric ER
4 Tips from the Pediatric ER
Want insights from an emergency room (ER) insider? Listen to someone who's spent more than 10 years handling emergencies in several types of ERs: my o...
When should I start teaching my child about money management?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
The truth is we can begin to teach our children money management skills as early as three and fo...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Mo’Nique Gives Heartfelt Advice to the Audience