What activities can I do with my children to encourage a healthy lifestyle?

Parents should agree what type of lifestyle goals they want to instill in their family while prioritizing their own health needs. Raising healthy kids requires a well-planned strategy to which everyone commits. There are several ways to include everyone in healthy activities on a regular basis—take the dog for a walk after dinner, ride your bikes together (with helmets, of course) or just play catch in the yard. Another option for spending time together, while instilling the values of healthy nutrition, is to start a backyard garden. This will not only be fun for everyone, but will ensure easy access to fresh fruits and vegetables.

Continue Learning about Parenting

How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
No question that tantrums (especially the public ones) can be some of the most frustrating times we have as parents and grandparents. The easiest thin...
How do I help my child resist today's cultural messages?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
The closer your relationship with your child, the better able she will be to navigate that somet...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Nutrition, Family and Healthcare
Nutrition, Family and Healthcare