What activities can I do with my children to encourage a healthy lifestyle?

Parents should agree what type of lifestyle goals they want to instill in their family while prioritizing their own health needs. Raising healthy kids requires a well-planned strategy to which everyone commits. There are several ways to include everyone in healthy activities on a regular basis—take the dog for a walk after dinner, ride your bikes together (with helmets, of course) or just play catch in the yard. Another option for spending time together, while instilling the values of healthy nutrition, is to start a backyard garden. This will not only be fun for everyone, but will ensure easy access to fresh fruits and vegetables.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Mom, Take Care of Yourself!
Mom, Take Care of Yourself!
What makes Allison Janney’s TV character, Mom, so comical is that she’s pretty confused and messed up. It’s all about her—not her daughter Christy (An...
How can I be a good role model for my kids when it comes to screen time?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
You can be a good role model for your kids when it comes to screen time by disconnecting from the sc...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Smart Discipline: Alternatives to Spanking Your Child