How can I tell if my child is playing the choking game?

Any child can die from playing the choking game. Watch this video as Dr. Oz discusses the warning signs that children are playing the choking game with the parents of a teen who died.

Michele Borba
The following are some signs that your child is playing the Choking Game:
  • Bloodshot eyes
  • Changes in attitude (overly aggressive)
  • Disorientation or grogginess after being alone
  • Frequent -- often severe -- headaches
  • Inexplicable bruising or red marks around the neck
  • Keeping ropes or plastic bags left around, or neckties tied in strange knots or found in unusual places and may start practicing knot tying using such objects
  • Curiosity about asphyxiation. The child may ask questions such as: "How would it feel?" Or "What happens if someone...."
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

When Parents Are Away: Info Every Caregiver Must Have
The little boy was sitting in the ER, crying. He had fallen off his bicycle and broken his arm. And I legally wasn’t allowed to fix it. Why? His pare...
How can I find a responsible babysitter for my child?
As I’m sure you’re aware, finding a good babysitter is not always an easy task. If you’ve recently m...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Dr. Drew Pinsky Explains the Dark Web
Dr. Drew Pinsky Explains the Dark Web