Should I let my six-month-old baby fall asleep with a bottle?

Nicole H. Gorton, MD
Pediatrics
After six months of age, most babies should not need to be fed after bedtime. After that, it’s best not to let your child fall asleep while nursing or using a bottle. Otherwise, your little one may wake up throughout the night and expect to be fed again to transition back to sleep. 

Continue Learning about Parenting

Lunchbox Safety
Lunchbox Safety
When a New York City 4 th grader Zachary Maxwell told his folks he wanted to take his lunch to school, they insisted he stick with the school’s oh-so-...
How much television should I allow my child to watch?
Dr. Heath A. Cobb, MDDr. Heath A. Cobb, MD
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends limiting screen time to the following: No mor...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Heidi Shares Her Meal-Planning Tricks
Heidi Shares Her Meal-Planning Tricks