Should I reprimand another parent's child?

Lynne Kenney
It depends. Are you the responsible adult in charge in that moment? Is the child at your home, where your rules reign? Are you checking your own anger or bossiness?

If it’s really about the child’s behavior then offering a new choice may be helpful. If the parent is present, do you ask them to redirect their child? “I notice Joey is… could you ask him to make a different choice?” or “Do you think we should help out?”

Often a parent is just too tired or distracted to step up to the plate, help that parent with gentle reminders.

Continue Learning about Parenting

7 Steps to Healthy Eating Habits for Children
1. Start early. A basic biological fact: Kids will not crave foods they're not familiar with. As soon as your kid starts eating solid foods, really co...
How do I prepare my child to spend the night away from home?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Summer is usually the time when we send our kids to stay at Grandmas, with their friends, or off...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Stories of Survival from Newtown, Pt 2
Stories of Survival from Newtown, Pt 2