Should I allow my child to have a TV in her bedroom?

Many kids want to have a TV in their bedroom, and parents want to know if this is okay for them. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends that children have less than 2 hours of total screen time per day. This includes television time, computer time, video game time. There are also research studies that have shown that kids that watch TV prior to bed have a harder time falling asleep, and also a harder time staying asleep. So, given these two recommendations, it's not supported by the AAP to have a TV in your child's bedroom.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Help, My Kid Won't Stop Crying! How to Solve Temper Tantrums Now
If you have children, you’re probably all too familiar with temper tantrums: the crying, the kicking, the screaming. (Oh, my!) These emotional outburs...
How do I teach my kids good sportsmanship?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Call out poor sportsmanship. Any time your kid exhibits a “poor loser attitude” (for example: makes ...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
How Can I Help a Perfectionist Child Who Is Easily Frustrated?