What is my role in my child's development?

You are the river guide on your child's journey down the river of life. Watch this video as Dr. Mike Roizen and Dr. Ellen Rome explain the role of parenting using the different elements of the river analogy.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Spank, Slap or Hit Your Kids? Your Parenting Style Could Cause Them Problems Later On
Physical punishment—punishment that involves spanking, slapping, hitting or pulling, also known as corporal punishment—is one way parents discipline t...
How can I help protect my daughter from mean girls?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Awareness is the first step to stopping mean-girl cruelty against your daughter, and turning thi...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Why Is It Important to Have a Positive Body Image?