How can I model good listening for my child?

Michele Borba
Kids can’t learn to be good listeners if they don’t have good models to copy. So make sure you show your kids what you expect them to do by being a good listener yourself. Show them that you listen to your spouse, your friends, and most importantly, to them. An old proverb is a great reminder: “We have two ears and one mouth for a reason.” Listen to your kid twice as much as you talk! Become the model you want your child to copy.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Learning Games for Toddlers and Babies
Learning Games for Toddlers and Babies
Without a doubt, there will be plenty of time to have your child take all kinds of tests: math tests, spelling tests, driving tests. But just for fun,...
What information should I give my child’s coach?
When your child begins a new sport program, think about all of the things that your child’s coach/in...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What is Family Health 360?
What is Family Health 360?