How can I get my kid's friends to come over after school?

Michele Borba
Many parents swear they find out more about school from their kids’ friends than from their own child. So invite your child’s friends over. Keep the fridge stocked with food. Set up a basketball court (or whatever you need to keep those kids at your house). And then be friendly (but not intrusive) to the friend. You may find that not only do the friends open up more, but your child will tag onto the friend’s conversation.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Talking To Your Kids About Drugs and Alcohol
Shocking fact of the week: More than 24.6 million people in the United States are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. That’s about 1 in every 10 America...
How do I readjust to sharing parenting with my veteran spouse?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
When your spouse returns from deployment, there will naturally be a period of readjustment in the fa...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
How Artificial Food Colors Affect Children