How can I get my kid's friends to come over after school?

Michele Borba
Many parents swear they find out more about school from their kids’ friends than from their own child. So invite your child’s friends over. Keep the fridge stocked with food. Set up a basketball court (or whatever you need to keep those kids at your house). And then be friendly (but not intrusive) to the friend. You may find that not only do the friends open up more, but your child will tag onto the friend’s conversation.

Continue Learning about Parenting

No More Homework!
No More Homework!
I mean, best news ever, right? I have no doubt that it wasn’t just the students celebrating when Texas teacher Brandy Young told her second graders th...
How can parents help if their child is admitted to the hospital?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Parents can do the following when their child is admitted to the hospital: Supply medical histor...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What Is the Importance of Social Media in Healthcare Today?