Is it okay to let my child eat in front of the TV?

Don’t eat in front of the TV. It’s bad for everyone because it’s so easy to zone out in front of the tube (or a computer screen) and mindlessly overeat. A recent study found that for every hour of TV watched, an average of 167 extra calories were consumed -- mostly junk food.[MS1] 

From The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

The Smart Parent's Guide: Getting Your Kids Through Checkups, Illnesses, and Accidents

What to Do When You Don't Know What to Do! "Moms and dads need expert guidelines, especially when it comes to their kids' health. This book reveals the inside strategies I use myself-I'm a parent,...

Continue Learning about Parenting

6 Healthy Fast-Food Meals for Kids
6 Healthy Fast-Food Meals for Kids
Soccer in 20 minutes? Marching band in 30? Shuttling kids between doctor appointments, play dates and music lessons sometimes means everybody's gotta ...
When should I talk to my child about death?
It’s better to discuss the subject of death sooner than later. Rather than avoiding the subject unti...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Dr. Tamar Chansky - Should I let my child watch the news after a tragedy?