Is it easier to travel with a baby than with a toddler?

Nicole H. Gorton, MD
Pediatrics
There are advantages and disadvantages to traveling with a baby. On the positive side, babies are less mobile, unlike toddlers who like to explore and be in constant motion. Toddlers especially don't adjust well to being buckled in and sitting for long periods of time on a plane or even in a car. However, travel by plane could be especially uncomfortable for babies and toddlers, too, due to the pressurized cabins. Be sure to bring something for them to drink or chew on during takeoff and landing to help minimize the air pressure issues in their ears. 

Continue Learning about Parenting

No More Homework!
No More Homework!
I mean, best news ever, right? I have no doubt that it wasn’t just the students celebrating when Texas teacher Brandy Young told her second graders th...
How can I stop my child from sleeping in my bed?
Ellen Rome, MDEllen Rome, MD
A child sleeping in a parent's bed - it is hard to give advice without knowing the family and what h...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Are There Carcinogens in Children’s Pajamas?