How can I take care of myself if I am a parent of twins?

Michele Borba
Multiple kids may double your pleasure but it also doubles the stress. Some research suggests that the added stress of multitasking can put a strain on not only you but also your marriage. Take care of yourself. For instance:
  • Join a Mothers of Multiples group, such as National Organization of Mother of Twins Clubs or Multiple Birds Canada.
  • Spend time -- just a bit -- away from your kids. Take a short walk, hire a baby-sitter so you can go to a movie, join an exercise club, or just ride bikes together. The activity doesn't have to cost a dime.
  • Find "you" time. Find what helps you stay balanced and relaxed and ink that into your daily routine. Setting aside just ten minutes a day may be all it takes but those minutes will help you take on the challenge of parenting multiples.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

The Kids Are Alright
The Kids Are Alright
When Peter Townsend sang The Kids Are Alright in 1965, he was correct in assuming they were basically okay, but clueless about how kids are when it co...
How can sharing my moral beliefs help teach my child morality?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Share your moral beliefs and take stands. Speaking frequently to your child about values  is called ...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
What Are Driving Distractions for Teens that Are Likely to Cause an Accident?