How can the way I respond to financial issues affect my child?

Erik Fisher
As a parent, you set stage for your children, and the manner in which you respond to financial issues models to them how to address emotion. It is easy to fall into panic mode, spend time talking about bills and pinching pennies, losing your temper with your kids, and feeling tense about everything from the lights being left on to their lunch money. All of the worry and panic in the world will not help you do your job better, and it will not bring the cost of gas down. Furthermore, the way you respond to these situations with your kids leaves lasting impressions on their still-developing minds.

Continue Learning about Parenting

The Kids Are Alright
The Kids Are Alright
When Peter Townsend sang The Kids Are Alright in 1965, he was correct in assuming they were basically okay, but clueles...
How can I encourage individuality in my twins?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Multiples often look, act and even think alike, and in addition because they share similar inter...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
How Can the Media Affect My Body Image?
How Can the Media Affect My Body Image?