How can the way I respond to financial issues affect my child?

Erik Fisher
As a parent, you set stage for your children, and the manner in which you respond to financial issues models to them how to address emotion. It is easy to fall into panic mode, spend time talking about bills and pinching pennies, losing your temper with your kids, and feeling tense about everything from the lights being left on to their lunch money. All of the worry and panic in the world will not help you do your job better, and it will not bring the cost of gas down. Furthermore, the way you respond to these situations with your kids leaves lasting impressions on their still-developing minds.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Childhood Obesity Prevention: Keep Tabs on Kids' Weight
Childhood obesity is rising faster than the national debt. About 1 in 5 school-age kids are obese—1 in 3 in some cities. You might think that even if ...
How can I teach my child to appreciate gifts during the holidays?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Here are ways to teach kids appreciation: Rehearse appreciation -- Teach your child how to acce...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Heidi Shares Her Meal-Planning Tricks
Heidi Shares Her Meal-Planning Tricks