How can I prepare for life with twins?

Most women find that a little extra support and planning helps a lot, especially in the early weeks. Following are some things that may help you prepare for and adjust to life with your new babies.

Plan to have some help for the first couple of weeks. Can your husband or partner take some time off work? Are there other family members who can “live-in” to care for other children? Can friends and neighbors provide meals or handle other chores?

Identify experts you can turn to for advice about breastfeeding. A certified lactation consultant, the La Leche League or your baby’s physician are all good options.

Talk to other mothers who have breastfed twins. Advice and encouragement means a lot when it comes from an experienced mom of multiples. Ask friends and family for contacts.

Continue Learning about Parenting

How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
How to Deal with Toddler Tantrums
No question that tantrums (especially the public ones) can be some of the most frustrating times we have as parents and grandparents. The easiest thin...
How can I stay educated about my child's digital world?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Keeping abreast with what is new in technology and what our kids are into will certainly increas...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
How Parental Arguments Affect Children
How Parental Arguments Affect Children