How do I pick a caregiver to look after my child?

While there are many factors to consider, one of the things you want to screen for is how much stimulation your caregiver will give your child. If she's on her cell phone or watching TV or otherwise distracted, she's not a good match. So check references - and don't be afraid to check up on her (web cameras aren't cheating).

You should expect a caregiver not only to feed and change your baby and be there for emergencies, but also to help with his neurological development.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Talking To Your Kids About Drugs and Alcohol
Shocking fact of the week: More than 24.6 million people in the United States are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. That’s about 1 in every 10 America...
How can I help my daughter understand that dieting can be bad for her?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
I think it is important to note that not all "dieting" is bad or harmful. This truly depends on the ...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Putting Baby Food to the Test
Putting Baby Food to the Test