How can I help my kids develop morals?

Michele Borba
Know what you stand for so your kid knows. Parents with clearly identified moral convictions are more likely to raise good kids. Because their kids know what their parents stand for and why they do, their kids are more likely to adopt their parents’ beliefs. So begin by asking yourself what virtues and moral beliefs matter most to you. Make a list, and then narrow your values down to your top three. These will become your personal moral code and guide you in how you will raise your child. Doing so is also the best way to help your child develop his own moral beliefs.

Continue Learning about Parenting

4 Strategies to Make Surgery Easier for Your Child
Surgery can scare the heck out of kids, just as it can scare adults. These four strategies can reduce fear and ease the journey for both you and your ...
When should I talk to my child about death?
It’s better to discuss the subject of death sooner than later. Rather than avoiding the subject unti...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Dr. Oz Reveals Tomika’s Car Makeover
Dr. Oz Reveals Tomika’s Car Makeover