How can I help my child if he is struggling in school?

If your child is down because of difficult schoolwork, consider finding a tutor to help until she is back on track with the rest of the class. Check with the school for recommendations. Some schools have homework helpers after school where the teachers rotate and stay after school to work with kids who need or want extra help. See what’s available at your child’s school or check to see if maybe a teen in your neighborhood is interested in tutoring.

From Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children

When kids start going on TV binges or devouring fistfuls of cookies, it's easy to say, "They'll grow out of it." More likely, they're acquiring bad habits that could lead to childhood obesity and...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Healthy Snacks for Kids Mean Healthy-Hearted Adults
Sweet tangerines and juicy cherries. Crunchy carrots and crisp snow peas. Pack them in kids' lunches, put a bowlful on the kitchen counter, keep them ...
How can I take care of myself if I am a parent of twins?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Multiple kids may double your pleasure but it also doubles the stress. Some research suggests th...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Dr. Oz Explains the King-Devick Test
Dr. Oz Explains the King-Devick Test