How can I help my child handle change?

Just like adults, some children are more adaptable to changes and transitions than others. The irony is that although many kids resist changes, almost all kids are good at making them, especially if they have loving families to support them and guide them along. Having a basic foundation of security and consistency within the home helps kids become more flexible and handle the changes that are bound to occur in their world.

From Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children by Jennifer Trachtenberg.

Good Kids, Bad Habits: The RealAge Guide to Raising Healthy Children

When kids start going on TV binges or devouring fistfuls of cookies, it's easy to say, "They'll grow out of it." More likely, they're acquiring bad habits that could lead to childhood obesity and...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Seven Steps to Raising a Lifelong Learner
Encouraging a love of learning is one of the greatest gifts you can give your children. Although your level of involvement will change often -- someti...
What principles of behavior should I know as a parent?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Bad behaviors can be changed if parents know and apply my ten basic and proven principles. Here are ...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
What is Family Health 360?
What is Family Health 360?