How can I stay educated about my child's digital world?

Michele Borba
Keeping abreast with what is new in technology and what our kids are into will certainly increase our chances of raising our Net Generation so they grow to be physically and emotionally healthy as well as web savvy. Here are just a few ways:
  • Read the directions on each new digital purchase
  • Have discussions with other parents about our children's digital world
  • Attend workshops offered by your child's school or the local police department
  • Assess reports about the digital world in the news or online regularly
  • Ask your kids to teach you how to use the new digital device
  • Sit down and watch or play that computer game with your child so you know what your child is watching or playing
  • Learn to use what your child is using
  • Be where your child is both online and off
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Pediatric Emergencies: 6 Commandments of ER Care
1. Stay Calm. If you freak out, so will your child. 2. If your child is unresponsive, call 9-1-1 and do the "ABC" check: Check the Airway to make ...
Why should I help my child make friends?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Research from Concordia University, Florida Atlantic University and the University of Vermont pu...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Are There Carcinogens in Children’s Pajamas?