How should I defend my child from cyberbullies?

Shawn Edgington
Pediatrics
As much as you want to put on your boxing gloves to defend your child from cyberbullying, don't do it. Should the thought of retaliation come to mind, do not take action! It's not uncommon for parents to take matters into their own hands by impersonating their child on their social network or by circulating vilifying e-mails around the "parent network" about another child. This will only make matters worse for your child in the long run. Instead, take off the gloves and help guide your child through a strategic plan you developed together.

Continue Learning about Parenting

6 Reasons Your Grandkid May Need the ER
6 Reasons Your Grandkid May Need the ER
Babysitting your grandkids can be one of the most rewarding experiences of being a grandparent, but a fun trip can quickly take a turn if the little o...
Should I reprimand another parent's child?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
It depends. Are you the responsible adult in charge in that moment? Is the child at your home, w...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
Daphne Oz on Being a New Mom Again
Daphne Oz on Being a New Mom Again