How can I decide whether to become a parent or not?

Making decisions about parenting is sometimes easier when you understand that:

• Choosing means letting go of other options
  • You'll need time to reach a decision that is your own, that you are happy with
  • You can't expect to be 100 percent certain
  • The "wrong" decision won't ruin your life
  • It's important to use logic and intuition when considering your options
  • You can seek the support of family and friends
  • You can consider nontraditional options for raising children
Our Bodies, Ourselves: A New Edition for a New Era

America's best-selling book on all aspects of women's health With more than four million copies sold, "Our Bodies, Ourselves" is "the" classic resource that women of all ages can turn to for...

Continue Learning about Parenting

The Dangers of the Powdered Margarita
The Dangers of the Powdered Margarita
Weird ways to consume alcohol have been popping up on social media and YouTube -- and are enough to make any college counselor or parent’s heart skip ...
What should I do if I think my child needs therapy?
If you decide your child needs help, the first step is to talk to your pediatrician or family doctor...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
As a Mom, How Can I Find Time to Exercise?