How common is unschooling in the United States?

Michele Borba
Estimates say unschooling is practiced by 10% to 15% of the estimated 1.5 million homeschoolers in the United States, though the number is unknown. It operates under state laws governing homeschooling, which is legal in all 50 states.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

7 Steps to Healthy Eating Habits for Children
1. Start early. A basic biological fact: Kids will not crave foods they're not familiar with. As soon as your kid starts eating solid foods, really co...
How can I reinforce my shy child's social efforts?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Any and every effort your child makes to be even a tad more social deserves a pat on the back: “...
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
The Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They MeanThe Scoop on Baby Poop: 5 Hues and What They Mean
Here’s what’s common, what’s not—and when to call the doc.
What Is the Importance of Social Media in Healthcare Today?