How do I know if my child's TV watching is a serious problem?

Michele Borba
Here are a few indicators that something else may be amiss and you should get professional help for your child:
  • TV viewing monopolizes your child’s life;
  • you notice withdrawals or behavior flare-ups if he can’t watch;
  • TV becomes a substitute for friends, hobbies, and all other aspects of his life, or your instinct says there is a deeper problem, then it’s time to get help.

Continue Learning about Parenting

Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
Reality Bites in Kids’ Fast Food Meals
When Eddie (John C. Reilly) from the animated hit film Sing croons, “Can I get a Happy Meal with big nuggets?” and Johnny (Taron Egerton) the gorilla ...
How can I tell if my child is affected by a tragedy in the news?
Elizabeth U. Ucheoma-Cofield, MDElizabeth U. Ucheoma-Cofield, MD
If you start seeing regression, no matter the age level of the child, you should emphasize safety an...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
What You Need to Know About Children’s Pajamas