How can I help my child if he has too many activities?

Michele Borba
Many students are on activity overload, which may contribute to stress and cut into energy and time needed to devote to school-work.

Assess if your child's weekly activity schedule is balanced and allows downtime to relax or be with friends. Are you noticing that your child is having trouble this semester concentrating or focusing? If the schedule is on overload, sit down with your child and cut one thing to free up time and give him a chance to decompress. Cutting just one thing can make a difference.
The Big Book of Parenting Solutions: 101 Answers to Your Everyday Challenges and Wildest Worries

Today show's Michele Borba's cures for difficult childhood behaviors In this down-to-earth guide, parenting expert Michele Borba offers advice for dealing with children's difficult behavior and hot...

Continue Learning about Parenting

Disciplining Children: How to Give a Time-Out
We've found -- and the data support -- that a time-out is the most effective approach for discipline. It gives both the child and the parent a chance ...
How can I help my child be less anxious about new situations?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
It’s normal for a child to be nervous in a new situation. Your role is to help him work through ...
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Embarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t AskEmbarrassing Questions You Wish Your Kids Wouldn’t Ask
Every parent is going to face an embarrassing question they’re not quite ready for. Check out these questions you might hear and smart ways to answer ...
Viewers in Dr. Oz’s Social Experiment Explain Their Reactions